The Society for French Studies is a major learned association that promotes French Studies at a tertiary level in the United Kingdom and beyond. Find out more about the Society by visiting our activities and history pages. In addition to academics from a range of different countries, our membership includes librarians, curators and postgraduate students. Membership is open to anyone who wishes to support the aims and activities of the Society. A reduced rate is available to retired members, postgraduate students, members not in full-time employment, and new lecturers in their first three years in post.
What are the benefits of membership? As a member of the Society, you will:
- receive all four issues of French Studies: a Quarterly Review published in the year of your membership and all four issues of French Studies: a Quarterly Bulletin
- have full online access to the complete archives for both FS (from Volume 1, 1947) and FSB (from Volume 1, 1981)
- be able to purchase the Society’s other publications at favourable rates
- enjoy preferential rates for registration at the annual conference
- be eligible for conference and workshop funding offered by the Society
- receive discounts on books published by leading French studies publishers
It is worth noting that the annual subscription is treated as an ‘allowable expense’ by the Inland Revenue for Income Tax purposes.
How do you join? How much is it?
Please download, complete and post the subscription form to the Membership Secretary at the address below.
Standing Order: £50 (€70) with a reduced rate of £25 (€35). Click here for a Standing Order instruction, which you should complete and forward to your bank/building society.
Online: £55 (€77) with a reduced rate of £27.50 (€39)
Using our online donation service with CAF Bank:
Cheque: £60 (€86) with a reduced rate of £30 (€43)
Please send your payment to the Membership Secretary at the address below (cheques made payable to the ‘Society for French Studies’).
Dr Bradley Stephens
School of Modern Languages
University of Bristol
19 Woodland Road
Bristol BS8 1TE
Library and institutional subscriptions
Enquiries and orders for annual subscriptions to French Studies and French Studies Bulletin should be addressed to the Membership Secretary at the address above. Orders for back issues should be directed to Oxford University Press via their web site: Oxford University Press