The Society for French Studies would like to wish all its members a Happy New Year!
Membership renewals for the calendar year 2017 are now due. If you already pay your subscription by Standing Order, then no action is needed as your membership has been automatically renewed for the coming year — although we kindly ask these members to check that their career stage is in line with their subscription amount. As in previous years, a reduced rate is available to retired members, postgraduate students, members not in full-time employment, and new lecturers in their first three years in post.
Membership Payment Options
When making an online payment or altering your Standing Order details, please notify the Membership Secretary via email (email@example.com). Please note: cancellations of membership should be confirmed via email to the Membership Secretary to take effect. There are three methods of payment:
1) Standing Order or Bank Transfer: £50 / €70 with a reduced rate of £25 / €35 (payable annually on January 1st). Please click here for a Standing Order instruction, which you should complete and then forward to your bank/building society.
2) Online – Credit/Debit Card: £55 / €77 with a reduced rate of £27.50 / €39 using our online donation service (CAF Bank).
3) Cheque: £60 (€86) with a reduced rate of £30 (€43)
Please send your payment to the Membership Secretary: Dr Bradley Stephens, School of Modern Languages, University of Bristol, 17 Woodland Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1TE, UNITED KINGDOM (cheques made payable to the ‘Society for French Studies’).
Membership subscriptions cover the calendar year. As a member of the Society, you will:
- be eligible for a range of funding schemes offered by the Society
- receive all four issues of French Studies: a Quarterly Review and all four issues of French Studies: a Quarterly Bulletin published in the year of your membership
- have full online access to the complete archives for both FS (from Volume 1, 1947) and FSB (from Volume 1, 1981)
- be able to purchase the Society’s other publications at favourable rates
- enjoy preferential rates for registration at the annual conference
- receive discounts on books published by leading French studies publishers