The SFS annual conference is the largest meeting of scholars in French Studies in the UK, and attracts delegates from all over the world. See the details on our conference page.
- Activities of the Society
- Advocacy, Consultation and Lobbying
- Executive Committee
- External Links
- Funding Schemes
- Funding: Conference and Workshop Grants
- Funding: Prize Research Fellowship
- Funding: Research Support
- Funding: Visiting Fellowships
- Join the SFS
- Latest Gapper Prizes
- Postgraduate conferences
- Postgraduates at the Annual Conference (Durham, 3-5 July 2017)
- President’s Welcome
- Retrospective: Durham 2017
- Visiting International Fellow, 2017-18
The Society for French Studies offers grants in support of conferences held in the UK or Ireland and concerned with research in any area of French Studies. It also offers visiting academic fellowships for outstanding academic visitors to the UK and Ireland, as well as support for postgraduate, non-established and retired researchers. The Society is particularly keen to encourage regional cooperation. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding where practicable.
Our Latest Tweets
Find us on Facebook
Publishers and authors have until 31 July to submit books published in *2016* to the R. Gapper Book Prize. Details here: www.sfs.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/R.-Gapper-book-prize-2016-1.pdf ... See MoreSee Less
To become a member of the Society please follow this link.