A selection of posters by postgraduate students, presented at this year’s SFS conference, are now available to view online, here.
- Imagining the Body on January 19, 2018
- Activities of the Society
- Advocacy, Consultation and Lobbying
- Executive Committee
- External Links
- Funding Schemes
- Funding: Conference and Workshop Grants
- Funding: Prize Research Fellowship
- Funding: Research Support
- Funding: Visiting Fellowships
- Join the SFS
- Latest Gapper Prizes
- Postgraduate conferences
- Postgraduates at the Annual Conference (Durham, 3-5 July 2017)
- President’s Welcome
- Retrospective: Durham 2017
- Visiting International Fellow, 2017-18
The Society for French Studies offers grants in support of conferences held in the UK or Ireland and concerned with research in any area of French Studies. It also offers visiting academic fellowships for outstanding academic visitors to the UK and Ireland, as well as support for postgraduate, non-established and retired researchers. The Society is particularly keen to encourage regional cooperation. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding where practicable.
Our Latest Tweets
Find us on Facebook
Many congratulations to the winner of this year's R. Gapper Undergraduate Essay Prize: Peter Tellouche (University of Oxford), for an essay entitled: ‘“The rich detail with which the experience of time is treated in individual sentences is hard to reconcile with the big-time temporality of Proust’s novel as a whole.” Discuss.’
Also shortlisted were Rachel Hindmarsh (Bristol), Gabrielle Imbert (King's London), Elizabeth Kelleher (UC Cork), and Lucy Wilkinson (Sheffield). ... See MoreSee Less
To become a member of the Society please follow this link.